In the past 18 years we have grown from a start-up operating from the basement of a computer hardware wholesaler with a team of 5 into a leader of the e-commerce market, with branch offices in 6 Polish cities and with 1446 employees on board (up by 8% compared to 2016). Many of the start-up atmosphere survived in the company’s culture to this day: openness in communication, lack of complicated procedures or focus on the usability of our solutions.
We focus on creativity, which is why:
- We care about the development of our employees,
- We evaluate their work based on clear and straightforward criteria,
- We support passions,
- Our work environment is geared to achieving business goals,
- We promote work-life balance.
BaZa, our engagement surveyWe conduct the BaZa survey of engagement among our employees every year to elicit feedback from them. We want to know how good we are together and what we can improve so that our employees would come to work with smiles on their faces.
At Allegro we keep improving the working conditions, and the main drivers for the changes are grassroots initiatives of our employees. We conduct the BaZa survey of engagement among our employees every year to elicit feedback from them. We want to know how good we are together and what we can improve so that our employees would come to work with smiles on their faces. The survey is completely anonymous. It’s published on-line on the innovative Culture Amp platform, which allows us to benchmark the results against the best global tech companies.
Results of the engagement survey conducted in 2017:92%
of the employees took part in the survey, while 86% took part in the previous edition.95%
of the employees feel responsible for the results of their work and of the work of other members of their team90%
of employees would recommend Allegro as an great place to work87%
of the employees confirm that they have access to training and development tools they need to do their jobs well
90% of Allegro employees would recommend Allegro as an great place to work. One can hardly wish for a better confirmation of how seriously we treat our commitment to creating an innovative and creative workplace.
Although what follows is an obvious truth, it’s still worth repeating. People are the most valuable assets of every company, especially ours, operating in the new technologies sector, where the entire value for customers and investors is generated as a result of intellectual work.
Therefore, we focus our efforts not only on offering competitive remuneration for work, but also on maintaining a unique atmosphere, culture and employee-friendly internal processes. On the one hand, this constitutes a framework for the development of each employee, on the other, it allows Allegro to maintain, despite the scale of its operations, the agility of a start-up and an atmosphere full of passion, knowledge, skills, energy, and creativity.
A diverse workplace Each of us is unique, which is why we pay special attention to noticing, respecting and appreciating the diversity of our employees.
Each of us is unique, which is why we pay special attention to noticing, respecting and appreciating the diversity of our employees.
At Allegro, we support diversity through:
- Building diverse teams,
- Creating a friendly atmosphere,
- Supporting in the development of passions and interests,
- Supporting in reconciliation of work with private and family life,
- Counteracting discrimination, mobbing and protecting against unjustified dismissal.
Benefits We have created a system of benefit in response to the needs of our employees. Whether you’re a full-time or a part-time employee has no impact on the received benefits.
We have created a system of benefit in response to the needs of our employees. Whether you’re a full-time or a part-time employee has no impact on the received benefits.
We are constantly developing the catalogue of the benefits that we offer to our employees:
- Medical care – employees can buy medical care not only for themselves, but also for their relatives.
- Childcare allowance – monthly subsidies to pay for kindergartens, nurseries or nannies.
- Sports card – Multisport cards allow to individually choose your favourite activity. Employees can order a package for themselves, an accompanying person or their children.
- Restaurant card – enables to use the canteen and catering services in the office or eat at nearby restaurants.
- Commute subsidy – employees can spend it on monthly tickets or on fuel.
- Life insurance - employees can buy insurance not only for themselves, but also for the spouse/partner and the child. There are several benefit options, which means that everyone will find what they need and take advantage of preferential terms available only to Allegro employees.
- Points bank – employees collect points to spend on Allegro vouchers, as well as vouchers for use at stores or exchangeable for services.
- Fruit and vegetables – seasonal fresh vegetables and fruits as well as herbs are delivered to the offices every day. All office kitchens offer coffee, tea, juices, milk and cereals.
- WOW nursery and kindergarten – company kindergarten and nursery are located in the PIXEL office building in Poznan, thanks to which employees can more easily plan ‘parental logistics’ and are closer to their children.
- One-off financial aid in a difficult life/material situation.
- Repayable home loans with an attractive interest rate.
- Educational gifts for Children’s Day and Christmas.
Every year, in all our locations, we organize Children’s Day celebrations for parents and children. We provide many attractions, including artistic workshops, games with animators, sweet gifts, etc.
Welcome aboard Allegro Onboarding is the process in which the employee gets accustomed to the new work environment. At Allegro, it consists of 3 days of workshops and lectures on the functioning of the company and working in it.
Onboarding is the process in which the employee gets accustomed to the new work environment. We believe that it has a significant impact on employee engagement. In our case, it’s 3 days of workshops and lectures about how Allegro works in practice. During this time, every new employee has the opportunity to see how we build relationships with our customers and partners, how our platform works and how we pay attention to security. It’s an opportunity to get to know the many functions: marketing, technology, PR, and HR. It’s also an opportunity to acquire new skills and practical knowledge needed to freely use the internal systems.
- Introductory training at Allegro lasts 3 days, and 5 days in the technology function,
- It’s intended for new employees and those returning to work after long absences,
- In 2017, 282 people took part in the onboarding process, including 8 mothers returning from maternity leaves.
Communication with employees At Allegro, we implemented an Intranet solutions based on social media, called insite+ (based on Google+), where we publish the most important information concerning the company, business or strategy.
Insite+ is our social Intranet based on the Google+ platform. It’s one of the key elements of open communication. We publish the most important company and business information there, and we build employee engagement around this content. They can freely comment on any piece of information or simply give it a thumbs up. Every employee can stay in touch with the entire company at any time and on any device (be it a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone), publish any information or share an idea or project.
Insite+ in numbers:
- 1527 members of insite+ community,
- 44 communities created in our company Google+,
- During the 365 days of 2017, a total of 2,168 posts were published in the Google+ communities, almost 6 posts each day.
Apart from communicating on-line, we organize regular allegro town_hall and Q&A_allegro catch-up meetings for all employees, so that everyone hear about the changes taking place at the company, learn about new projects or recall our strategy and values. The Q&A session is an obligatory and very popular part of every meeting, where anyone can ask the board members any question.
We like to get inspired! That’s why as part of Juice, an initiative modelled on the TEDx meetings, we invite interesting guests to visit us at Allegro. In 2017 we were visited by Jacek Santorski, Michał Szafrański and Magnus Lindkvist.
Execution of Allegro’s CSR strategy for 2017–2019
“We ensure a creative and innovative workplace” Pillar
Specific objectives Measures of success Status Conducting an annual employee engagement survey as part of our continuous conversation culture At least 82% of our employees take part in the annual engagement survey Completed in 2017 Employee and competence volunteering program incorporated into the human resources management policy Creation and implementation of the program for the development of employee and competence volunteering Completed in 2017 Implementation of solutions supporting diversity in the workplace Development and implementation of the first diversity initiatives Planned for 2018
Allegro employees in 2017, by gender
Women Men Total 18-29 30-50 50+ Total 18-29 30-50 50+ Total Employment
(as at 31 December 2017)
158 404 1 563 246 636 1 883 1,446 New employees 75 60 1 136 91 86 0 177 313 Employees who left their jobs 14 33 1 48 26 57 2 85 133
Allegro employees in 2017, by type of contract of employment
Number Percent Total (in %) Women Men Women Men Indefinite
499 761 31.0% 52.7% 1210 83.7% Fixed period 92 76 6.4% 5.3% 168 11.7% Trial period 22 46 11.5% 3.2% 68 4.7%
1. Allegro employees are not covered by collective agreements, and the employees’ interests are represented by the Employee Representation.
2. There are no self-employed people at Allegro.
Allegro employees in 2017, by place of work
Region Women Men Total Number Percent Number Percent Number Percent Poznan 441 30.50% 531 36.72% 972 67.22% Warsaw 87 6.02% 229 15.84% 316 21.85% Torun 10 0.69% 61 4.22% 71 4.91% Blonie 18 1.24% 30 2.07% 48 3.32% Krakow 5 0.35% 24 1.66% 29 2.01% Wroclaw 2 0.14% 8 0.55% 10 0.69%
Number of new employees, by region, gender and age group
Poznan Warsaw Torun Blonie Krakow Wroclaw Gender K M K M K M K M K M K M 18-29 57 46 11 32 0 2 7 6 0 3 0 2 30-50 44 50 12 30 0 1 4 3 0 2 0 0 50+ 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 Total 101 96 23 62 0 3 12 9 0 5 0 2